Translate

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Baba au Rhum

Every night my charismatic host wipes his face and looks at me with wide eyes to ask, "Would you like a Baba au Rhum?" It is always received as a joke, at first because we'd always eaten too much for such a dessert, but after several weeks it just became our conclusion to a good meal.

Until two days ago, when from a beautiful Hermes-orange box, Madame Bordeaux revealed three Baba au rhum. 

Like everything she has presented to me, it was clear that these were of quality. 

The cream was light and dissolved in the mouth between the wet cakes. After several spoonfuls of saturated, creamy bites, I was left with a little plastic bowl filled with rum. And good rum too. And after this I was left giddy, albiet a bit tipsy.



No comments:

Post a Comment