Translate

Monday, August 10, 2015

What's Cooking Part I

This month I'll be cooking in Chateau de Bardies for a fantastic family and their many friends.

Here are a few quick photos I've snapped.

Our neighbor, and a dear friend, brought over this unusual vegetable in the squash family. I roasted it with salt, and served it as a puree with just a drizzle of French walnut oil. Simple and tasty as a side to roasted duck.




 Another treat from Christian the neighbor! These teeny plums are bursting with tangy flavor. Thank goodness I had an olive-pitter handy otherwise making this crumble would have taken ages.



 A hot sunny August lunch, and a cool lemony cold cucumber soup.






A quick summer lunch for two: a beet root tart with goat cheese, thyme and orange rind, and a simple salad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment